Snowpack in The Canadian Rockies is very good.We are suggesting that you don’t come up until after July 1st,unless there is a huge early season melt River wont be fishable until then.Once the rivers start to drop conditions will be “lights out” for the entire season ..do to a good snowpack year.In Alberta expect great Golden Stone Fly action on The Bow,Crowsnest ,Oldman and Waterton Rivers‘.
On The Britsh Columbia side of The Rockies one can expect the same hatches and Streamer action.
- The Bow River in and below Calgary is a must do.Hatches at this time are Golden Stones,Caddis and P.M.D.’s
- The Oldman River and it’s tribs can offer some great dry fly fishing during hatches of Goldenstones,Green Drakes,Caddis and P.M.D’s .
- The Wateton River in the early season offers a short window to float this picturesque Brown Trout stream.Hatches include Golden Stones,Green Drakes,Caddis and P.M.D.’s.
- The Elk River offers non-stop Dry Fly action during hatches of Golden Stones,Green Drakes,Caddis and P.M.D.’s .
- The Columbia River is a solid early season bet for huge rainbows eating P.M.D.’s and Caddis.
2018 is shaping up to be an awesome season,don’t delay book with the Region’s #1 Outfitter.Contact Us or call 800-453-3991