Mearns Quail Season finally opens tomorrow and by all accounts it should be a good one.The dogs and I can vouch for that, we have been out educating the birds and scouting.Like last season,conditions or bird numbers will vary but overall its good.
As Hunters accessing Public Lands we should be respectful towards the game,Ladowners who provide access and other Hunters.Here below are a few points to keep in mind.
- If someone is in “Your Spot” go find a new one -thus avoiding any confrontations
- If someone moves in on the area you are hunting turn and head in the opposite direction
- Keep Your vehicle on the marked trails.
- Avoid hunting around Livestock
- Please pick up your empty shells -its considered litter and its against the law to litter here in Arizona.
- Pick up other litter in the area -the Quail Gods will smile upon you for doing so.
- Leave gates how you found them.
Arizona is a remarkable State enjoy the beautiful views,gorgeous sunsets and hospitable weather.Have a great hunt!